When you use these services, you are sharing some data and various pieces of information with us to enable us to provide you with the functionality of the platform and service. So we want to be upfront about the pieces of information we collect as well as the purposes and processes behind to power comfash.
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic comfash account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you’d like to go by, a password, an email address and your date of birth. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information. Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the services, such as comments of uploads of shopping sessions or videos.
In case of support requests (e.g. forms or phone contacts), also we acquire data to whatever you volunteer.
Information we get when you use our services.
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you visited a particular collection room or viewed a specific session. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
Content Information. We collect content you create on our services, such as custom sessions, and information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to send sessions or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
Log information.We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- how you interact with the services.
- how you communicate with other users and what kind of search behavior you have.
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
What do we do with the information we collect? We strive to continuously improve comfash services and products which only works when we are able to understand you best, hence, data is our foundation for improving your experience. This means in detail:
We may also store or use information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services as well as enhancing the safety and security of our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to send information that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you.
- contextualize your experience by, among other things, tagging your Memories content using your precise location data (if, of course, you’ve consented to us collecting that data) and applying other labels based on the content.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other users. We may share the following information with other users:
With all users, our business partners, and the general public. We may share the following information with all users as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- information about you, such as your username, name, profile picture.
- information about how you have interacted with the services, such as your comfash “score” or the names of users you are friends with.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share.
With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- information like your name, username, comfash-ID and profile pictures.
- any content that you submit to Our Story or any other crowd-sourced service which is labled “public” or “non-private”.
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation as well as to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others and to detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
Access and Updates.We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request here.
Revoking Permissions.If you change your mind about pieces of information being shared that you have consented to already, such as your phonebook or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options (leading to limited functionality of services).
Account Deletion.In case you decided to leave the comfash community, you have the chance to remove your profile. Only within the next 30 days it is possible to restore your profile until your personal data, collections and sessions will be finally deleted overall from the servers. During this period your profile and your content will not be visible.
Users outside the European Union
Keep in mind that no matter where you live or originate the usage of our services from, your information may be shared within the comfash family of companies. That means that we might collect personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the EU and other countries outside of where you happen to live.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.